Tuesday 11 January 2011

I may be bad but i'm perfectly good at it.

Today was a good day, despite my raging hangover and my blackberry nearly dying from a cola spillage last night (thankfully a night on top of my heater and it's recovered apart from very sticky keys).

We had london based stylist Kim Howells as a guest lecturer at Uni and she totally opened my eyes to styling. It's something i'd never really understood or thought about before she really explained what's involved, what she does and it really did sound so exciting and interesting. She's styled for shoots in Dazed & Confused, Vanity Fair and V Magazine, as well as consulting and working with designers like Hannah Marshall, Piers Atkinson and David Koma. She also works as a stylist for music artists such as Coco Sumner and Metronomy. I really love her different and quite edgy styling and the designers she works with really compliment her styling. She is one seriously dedicated and talented lady, not to mention she was so lovely and helpful! She had such amazing advice and career stories, and even said she wouldn't mind me coming along to give her a hand on some styling once the madness of fashion week is over. eeep.

Here's just a selection of her shoots.










How amazing is her work?!

Emma xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment