Friday 10 June 2011

GFW 2011

Can't believe it came around so quickly, unfortunately there wasn't the funding to do Fashionista this year for GFW however I still got tickets to go along and last night was the Gala Awards show, showcasing the best of best from the UK's 60 member universities and colleges and it did NOT disappoint.


Although at risk of sounding biased, Lyudmila Lane from UCA Rochester's collection that was nominated for the George Gold Award was truly beautiful, gorgeous colours, well structured and there was a real fluidity to all of her designs:


Next on my must have designer pieces was in the collection from international Graduate Christina Economu which featured the cutest, most to die for dress I have seen in the past 2 years at GFW (far left dress). It was understated, classic yet stood out with bold colours and a fluid print. I literally cannot stop thinking about how much I want it!



And of course there was the obligatory slightly odd/but well made collection from Rachel Cogley at Birmingham City University featuring a lot of dog inspired designs (they were walking to a song that went along the lines of "I love my dog" speaks for itself really) and although I can't see myself wearing any of it in the near future, it was a well thought out collection:




I decided to go for a much more simple style outfit than last year (looking back I cringe at how overdressed I was!) and channelled my new favourite icon Stevie Nicks and went for a 70's vibe. (Apologies for the weird lighting/rubbishy pic, need me a new blackberry!)



Skirt Topshop, Top Urban Outfitters, Necklace Urban Outfitters, Shoes Office

Oh and can't resist posting this cheeky pic of me and the lovely Lydia and her mum Debbie from TOWIE who was at the Reception Drinks before the show and they were both delightful!




Hope you all have a lovely weekend!

Emma xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment