Wednesday 9 December 2009

British Fashion Awards

The nominees for the British Fashion Awards have been announced today. The eleven catagories include Designer of the year, British Collection of the Year (Christopher Kane!) and Designer Brand of the Year (Burberry!) with the winners being unvieled on the 9th of December.
Another catagory includes the new award, a one-off award to recognise an individual who embodies the spirit of London, which will be voted for by the public. With Kate Moss as one of the nominees I hope the British Public will see sense after her terrible, "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" comment and vote Alexa Chung to win, as in my eyes not only does she scream current British edgy style she's an acceptable role model for girls everywhere.


Other nominees include Vivienne Westwood (another worthy winner in my eyes), Erin O'Connor and Stella McCartney, who would get your vote?

Socks and heels: Whilst trawling through vogue.com I stumbled upon the going out look for next season, but just who could pull it off?

If i could, i would. It would add the edge to any party outfit as well as dressing down an outfit if the sparkles are too much, but I think it would be a look that either looks amazing or just down right awful and i'm afraid to say i think I would fit into the latter. You win some...

One accessory I won't be without this party season is my wonderful black faux fur jacket from H&M, who are currently doing 50% off selected coats! Meaning my jacket cost under £20, so I just couldn't say no. Not only is it super glam, it's so warm for the winter nights so I won't be seen without it until June!

No comments:

Post a Comment