Sunday 8 September 2013

Winter Comforts

Having only a week ago come back from warm and sunny Turkey, it slightly pains me to be talking about winter. But there really isn't anything more lovely than a new coat, scarf and gloves purchase to get you in the mood for those winter months. This season is all about candy coloured coats, but having tried on a number of the coveted styles, including the pink Zara one I blogged about, I've come to realise this trend is not for me unless I'm going for the toddler look. Sigh. So I have resigned myself to the fact that I will now have to hunt for something a bit more grown up, which I when I came across this lovely Zara double breasted beauty and I just need it (though my bank may disagree, oops). So, if like me you're struggling to adjust to the candy coat trend, here's my top alternatives.

White Leather Biker Jacket/£90/ASOS
This is a great autumn cover up and is a bit different from the usual leather jacket styles.
I really love the oversized/boyfriend style to it and it will go 
with everything. 

Navy Pea Coat/£79/Topshop
For me it's toss up between this and the Zara coat, I like the relaxed style to it and it's a
really simple piece that can be paired with anything, plus it's classic style will take you 
through a couple of years at least.

Check Longline Coat/£145/Urban Outfitters
Being somewhat on the short side I think i'd struggle to pull this one off but I love
the grungy style which is massive at the moment and is here to stay for AW13. 

Navy Double Breasted Coat/£129/Zara
This is just such a classic and the boyfriend shape is a real big hit this season in all colours,
great for just throwing on and to add a pop of colour you can add a 
really great scarf.


Any of these take your fancy? What coats are you lusting over this coming season? 

No comments:

Post a Comment